Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Intro to Henna





So I am honestly just giving you a short intro to my understanding of Henna.
I'm going to skip how it's actually made but I would like to note that if you're getting your henna done in a traditional fashion, you cover it waith paper staying still for hours, even sleeping beofre peeling it off. What intrigues me the most is the actual designs, and I find the disregard most people I've met have had for the actual meanings. I've seen 12 year olds with a fertility sign on their hands, and not just any old sort of fertility, if you know what I mean.
I would like to say that there are 3 main styles of henna from what I can discern. Perhaps the most popular being Arabic, the second; Indian, and the third; African.
That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment